POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cloud texture experiment : cloud texture experiment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  cloud texture experiment
From: Abe
Date: 11 Apr 2004 21:29:59
Message: <4079f117@news.povray.org>
Here is one render that started to look promising, though a bit hazy.

Clouds as a 2D texture projected onto a very large "sky" sphere. This
particular render took about 00:02:20 on a 2.3ish GHz machine.

The cloud edge illumination function has been the trickiest for me to
get to look right and not bring the render to a crawl.

Not sure how far I can push in terms of contrast/color/sun angle/cloud
pattern. The sweet spot seems pretty tight right now.

Abe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cloud work0404.jpg' (66 KB)