POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity artefact? : Re: radiosity artefact? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity artefact?
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 11 Apr 2004 13:08:09
Message: <40797B27.5060507@hotmail.com>
Bill Hails wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas what might be causing the unpleasant
> black speckling on the stonework?

Bill, what is that shape made from? Is it a height_field? CSG?

If it's a height_field, I've had the same kind of artifacts even without
radiosity. Try removing the 'smooth' keyword. I don't know if that will
help or not, but it's worth a try.

If it's CSG, it might be a problem with coincident surfaces. Try
translating one object just slightly. I can't see it being that, though.

Hope that helps~

-Samuel Benge