POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looks like erosion (128k jpeg) : Re: Looks Like Erosion (128k jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looks Like Erosion (128k jpeg)
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 11 Apr 2004 08:14:42
Message: <407936b2$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:407### [at] hotmailcom...
> Christoph Hormann wrote:
>
> > Neat, you are not the first one trying the though ;-) See:
> >
> > http://news.povray.org/3c7bb095@news.povray.org
> >
> > Christoph
>

> I remember. This is how I got the idea in the first place, and I've been
> inspired ever since!
Hi Samuel,
I'm glad that I could inspire You digging deeper into this topic !

> I've tried many variations of the same technique, including the addition
> of repeated pigment functions, min/max function compilations and other
> various function tweaks. I'm wondering now how I could implement a
> logical function into this..... select(a,b,c). It would have to evaluate
> the last evaluation to be really interesting.
Cool, sounds interesting to do that with other base-functions than
sin/cos. How does it look like?

> I wonder what happened to Theis, the guy who was developing these
> functions for real-world shape evaluation/file reduction.....
I'm here :)
I think i should post a bit more frequently, but unfortunately
I'm not that constantly productive like many others in these groups.
But if I make something new/interesting i'll post it.
At the moment I'm working on an entry for the fractal-code-competition.
I'm curious how the reactions will be =)

> -Samuel Benge

Thies