POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looks like erosion (128k jpeg) : Looks like erosion (128k jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Looks like erosion (128k jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Apr 2004 15:55:34
Message: <407850A5.8050602@hotmail.com>
Hello folks. Had an isosurface attack earlier and this is the product.
Sorry about the file size, but I had to reduce some jpeg artifacts.

The base shape (an octahedron) was warped with multiple passes of x, y
and z cos functions using a #while loop. Each cos function is scaled
twice as large as the next (both in size and strength). The variable
responsible for this begins with a value of 1 and counts by itself till
it reaches 128 like this:
#declare V=V+V;

It rendered relatively fast so I added one 2x2 area_light to help the
initial point light.

Questions, comments, ideas?

-Samuel Benge

Post a reply to this message