POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sphere sphere sphere : Re: sphere sphere sphere Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere sphere sphere
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 9 Apr 2004 17:58:11
Message: <40771c73$1@news.povray.org>
-[I had a version of this going down to level 6, but after 4 hours of
parsing I gave up]-
Have you considered writing a program in another language, and exporting
pov-ray code? This might improve things a bit on the speed front.

Which "level" is the image attached at? If I understand you correctly, its
level 2? If so, six levels of recursion would create a massive number of
spheres - about 30^6 = 730,000,000, if you keep the current "resolution" of
about 30 smaller spheres making up one big sphere. It should be OK with
level 3 (27,000 spheres) though.

-Chris