POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 9 Apr 2004 15:57:07
Message: <40770013$1@news.povray.org>
"Jellby" <jel### [at] M-yahoocom> wrote in message
> Among other things, Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
>
> > Here's my actual design hashed out in Paint, as well as a picture of my
> > "real" basement, though I'm not sure why I'm throwing that in.
>
> Is that a "real" picture? It looks like a POV rendering, especially the
> lighting... I guess it goes to say how realistic some scenes are :-)

Yes, even a novice can make pretty realistic scenes.  Radiosity + area
lights can do wonders.

> Have you tried replicating that same picture?

Not exactly like that.  I actually took that picture a couple days ago, long
after my scene was already complete.  I've thought that some day I might use
my basement scene as part of a "real" scene, but so far, I haven't really
thought of anything inspiring going on in my basement.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com