POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Logo of IFJ.edu.pl [WIP] - 3 attachments : Re: Logo of IFJ.edu.pl [WIP] - 3 attachments Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logo of IFJ.edu.pl [WIP] - 3 attachments
From: Rune
Date: 9 Apr 2004 13:14:35
Message: <4076d9fb@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> Rune wrote:
>> http://athlon1700/misc/povraylogo/logoinfo/
>
> 404

Extremely silly of me - I used the address for my local mirror of my
site. Here's the right ones:
http://runevision.com/misc/povraylogo/logoinfo/
And
http://runevision.com/misc/povraylogo/logodisplay/

> My idea was to put some "attributes" that will be recoginez as
> nuclear- phisics thing in two balls (and btw ring symbolize a
> cyclotrone).
>
> Maybe such detailed version could be better for some larger poster?

Yes, but then it's not a logo, it's just some image with a logo in it
amongst other things.

> Meanwhile I post-processed logo to give it more "logo" look, what
> do You think about this effect (attachment) ?

I still don't think it's a logo. It's more like an image which has
the logo, plus some extra details in it. A real logo is more simple.

> Hmm I quess I could also go back to oryginal conception, two balls
> "circuling around center" - like electrons

That's my suggestion.

> but then I think logo will not be so obvious, this atom in upper-left
> is very clear symbol imho.

Yes, but if you include that small-scale atom, then it's not a logo
anymore IMHO. Logos don't have small details like that.

 Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 9**