POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : swimming pool by night : Re: swimming pool by night Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: swimming pool by night
From: user
Date: 8 Apr 2004 17:38:27
Message: <4075c653@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker wrote:

> Nice image, has a nice mood in the night.
>
>> The twinkling starts are from Alex Kluchikov
>
> They look too comical for this image IMHO. Perhaps you'd be better of
> with some more realistic patterns.
>
> *goes searching*
>
> See those postings: http://tinyurl.com/27cuu

Thanks, It's a crackle patern also. The twinkling becomes less
overdone if I chose a higher dist_exp for the spherical
wrapping. I just liked the surrealistic effect of it.

> Also, I think the waves on the pool are a bit high. Looks like someone
> jumped in the pool, got out very fast and took the image afterwards :)
>
> Florian

I should have someone in the pool I guess  :^)  A poser project maybe.
I want to model some statutes also somewere in the future.

Regards, Hans