POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] : Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg]
From: Bill Hails
Date: 8 Apr 2004 15:57:59
Message: <4075aec7@news.povray.org>
Ross Litscher wrote:

> I'm always a big fan of averaged normals in a normal map for water. or a
> height field built from a pigment_map of the same patterns... this will
> give me a good excuse to post one of many
> works-not-quite-in-progress-anymore.

Right, I haven't tried that. I was thinking of a large-scale bozo
pattern to modulate between 2 different normals, to get the effect
of wind rippling different areas of the lake.

> I love the leaves, though like others said, a little more variation in
> brightness or translucency would look great.

yes, I'll work on that.

> The texture on the foreground tree could use some work. It's a little flat
> looking. Other than that, it's looking really nice.

I was wondering when someone would notice :-) it's one of the simplest
textures in the picture, I only got away with it because it's so dark.

> -ross.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Bill Hails