POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Faked Volumetrics (35k jpeg) : Re: More Faked Volumetrics Update (31k total, 2 jpegs) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Faked Volumetrics Update (31k total, 2 jpegs)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 8 Apr 2004 15:35:08
Message: <4075A907.6070804@hotmail.com>
Samuel Benge wrote:

> I can't really see a practical application for this trick. Even though
> this image rendered in a little over five minutes, it can get very slow
> when antialiasing is applied :(

Update:
I just tried it again with antialising, and the render time didn't
really go up that much. Evidently, the last time I tried aa the texture
had a lot of noise in it. Also, removing the surface normal considerably
decreases render time.

I attached two more images. The first one has the surface normal in
place and uses aa. The second uses no surface normal, but still has aa.
The render times are diplayed in the lower right corner of each image.

-Samuel Benge

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fake_ev1.jpg' (15 KB) Download 'fake_ev2.jpg' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'fake_ev1.jpg'
fake_ev1.jpg

Preview of image 'fake_ev2.jpg'
fake_ev2.jpg