POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] : Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg]
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 8 Apr 2004 12:07:51
Message: <407578d7$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Hails" <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote in message
> "Chris Johnson" <chris(at)chris-j(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
>
> > Very nice! I must say I rather like the way the water looks in the
> > distance - you can get that kind of blurred effect in longer exposure
> > photographs.
>
> Thanks. I'd better point out again (I did in my first post of this WIP,
> but not in this one) that the trees in the bg are a photo. It's cheating
> really and I'd hope to model them in any final post. The water is
>
>     texture {
>         pigment { rgbt 1.0 }
>         normal {
>             bumps 0.008
>             scale 0.16
>             // turbulence 0.5
>         }

I'm always a big fan of averaged normals in a normal map for water. or a
height field built from a pigment_map of the same patterns... this will give
me a good excuse to post one of many works-not-quite-in-progress-anymore.

I love the leaves, though like others said, a little more variation in
brightness or translucency would look great.

The texture on the foreground tree could use some work. It's a little flat
looking. Other than that, it's looking really nice.

-ross.