POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] : Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji again [117 kb jpeg]
From: St
Date: 7 Apr 2004 17:53:19
Message: <4074784f@news.povray.org>
"Bill Hails" <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>

> >    I'm hesitant to say this, but try minusing some of your
ambients on
> > the leaves then. I think this could lead to a good compromise.
>
> hmm, yes you're probably right, I've currently got
>
> #local Fin_OHLeaf = finish {
>     ambient 0.4
>     diffuse 1.0
> }
>
> way too high for realism,

  How is this?

but I don't want them to end up looking
> dark,

  Well, my original thought was, "If you stand under a tree in these
circumstances, and look up, then you will see many variations in
colour".

    I would experiment further with this image, and I really want to
see the final... :)

the images are pngs with some transparency, maybe I can
> increase that to compensate.

   Somebody more technical than I can answer this one...  ;)

   ~Steve~