POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: Shay
Date: 7 Apr 2004 16:53:25
Message: <40746a45$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message

| Thanks!  I think I'm starting to see what you mean about the frame.
| In particular, the miter joint would probably be under a great
| amount of stress.  I don't mind buying a few more boards, if
| necessary.  I've also considered possibly needing addtional
| supports, like the edges, in the middle.  I'd just want to make
| sure they were not in knee range (i.e. I'd like to keep them between
| the chairs).

Depends on how much you want to spend. If you've got the scratch for a
couple sheets of 3/4" plywood, then you can support the whole thing with
angle brackets and it could *almost* double as a guest bed. This is the
way I would go. It won't be cheap, but you could be enjoying it by next
weekend.

It can be done with boards as well, but sliding keyboards would be less
convenient and the construction process would take a lot more time. Plus
you would need that center leg, though you could set it back up to
twenty inches (fourteen inches from the corner of the room).

-Shay
<followups set>