POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: Shay
Date: 7 Apr 2004 12:34:51
Message: <40742dab$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

| Please offer ([very] specific) advice.  I'm new to this, and won't
| be offended.  :-)  I've done most of my basement by myself, and
| frankly, it shows, though I'm still somewhat proud of myself.
| Should that be moved to p.o-t?

The basement looks great in the photos.

I'll post something in p.o-t Thursday evening if not before. I can tell
you now that Formica countertop cannot be used as a building material.
It will sag under its own weight if not supported on all four sides.
Even if that were not the case, you can only screw into it a half inch.
The formica countertop will only be a cover for a frame which must be
sturdy without it.

You will need some type of leg at the L, but it can be set back far
enough to make room for a chair and knees there. Still, you won't want
to sit on the edge of this desk. I will post a detailed plan Thursday
evening which can be realized with your tools.

Do you have wood or aluminum studs in the wall?

| Perfection is easy in POV-Ray.  Imperfection is difficult.
| Real-life is the opposite.  Yet in each, we try to achieve
| the other.  *sigh*

Not all of us. I like POV-Ray perfection (*there's* my on-topic
statement in this post)

 -Shay