POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "What's the spider-like object on the left?" : Re: "What's the spider-like object on the left?" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "What's the spider-like object on the left?"
From: St
Date: 6 Apr 2004 16:04:15
Message: <40730d3f@news.povray.org>

> Looks a little mechanical. Were you going for that?

  No, but it looked ok in my original image, (dusk). The shape is
designed on proper shapes of dragonflies, so I was happy with that,
but at the time, I was under pressure time-wise to put something to
the left of the image. The wings have a glass texture and there are
about 120 of them to simulate flapping wings. It kind of works, but
for the life of me, I wouldn't know how to get rid of that solid bit
in the middle of the wings.

> I'd say a little work on the legs and you've got it nailed.

  Thanks, and you're dead right about the legs, but I know I can model
them properly.

   ~Steve~