POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 6 Apr 2004 15:44:42
Message: <407308aa$1@news.povray.org>
news:4072e13d@news.povray.org...
> Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> > I'm building a new computer wall-desk in my basement, which will
hopefully
> > be large enough for our 3 computers, plus 3 people.
>
> One suggestion on that ... if you're putting it up against the wall,
> make the desk *deep*, and make sure there's holes for the wires down the
> back, of course. At least 4 feet deep, unless you're committed to flat
> monitors. ;-)

I'm using a similar setup at work, both surfaces are about 26 inches deep.
However, at work, I have a keyboard tray (a fairly nice one, actually).  The
person in the corner (probably me) should be plenty deep, but I'm not sure
how nice it will be in the corner spot, and where to put the keyboard.  I
have a keyboard tray which is part of another desk, that I can attach
underneath one side (unless I decide to spend more money and build my own).
Cheap keyboard trays are cheap, but it is possible to get by without one.
However, that could determine exactly how high I build the desk, so I guess
I should get that figured out.  (I think I'm rambling now.)

> I did a similar thing with a custom bookshelf I had built. source
> available, but it's really all just hand-crafted boxes, nothing worth
> looking at.

I've thought about building shelves in our bathroom closet.  Perhaps I
should POV-Ray that too...  ;-)

> > (Chairs and library/books courtesy of Gilles Tran's macros.)
>
> Where are these available? They're excellent books.

It's part of Gilles's library macro.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources07.htm
I think I may have removed "ambient" from the finishes in that set of macros
to get it to look right with radiosity without turning off all radiosity
everywhere.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com