POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hall and doors : Re: hall and doors Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hall and doors
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 6 Apr 2004 10:21:29
Message: <4072bce9$1@news.povray.org>
Hans de Vries wrote:

> At the end I implemented the doors with fully "self-adjusting" macros
> That is: If you change one of the parameters then gives you a correct
> door back. parameters for instance describe overal sizes, curvature of
> the arcs, number and directions of the radials, patern tile generation
> and repeats in X and Y. et-cetera.
>
> Should have done that directly maybe instead of waisting a lot of time
> by "hand-fitting" curved and rounded pieces of wood together over and
> over...

I'm finding also that it's worth spending the effort to make good
macros, especially if you have to leave a project for a while.  While
you're working on it, it's easy to make adjustments, but, at least for
me, a few weeks later, I'm scratching my head, trying to figure out all
of the parameters that need changing, to make a simple adjustment.

This whole entryway is very nice.  I'm glad I don't have to dust it ;-)

Dave Matthews