POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Need advice on how to achieve this effect : Re: Need advice on how to achieve this effect Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need advice on how to achieve this effect
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 6 Apr 2004 02:09:12
Message: <40724988$1@news.povray.org>
James Bulgin wrote:
> Umm..... I'm afraid I don't have a clue what you're saying. And note, for
> the record, that it's not suppose to actually BE fire, just a red energy
> which behaves generally like fire.
>

>>i just went to the source, saved, copied and modified a .par file,
>>waited and used ppmtompeg on file ppm's, then mplayer
>>
>>had a play with frame based stuttering to try and add a startup
>>jitter/judder in the flame length as the engine tries to go to
>>afterburner, sem to remember a shade of orange in the flame though,
>>almost road my bike into the kerb at seeing at two aircraft taking off
>>fully loaded with store's illuminated by their twin engines on
>>afterburner against a black october sky aka pitch black, my pushbike's
>>halogen headlight sorta vanished in the rain haze, 1500 yrds
>>
>>but i don't know how to add an orange tone to the back edge, say 3/4 to
>>7/8's to the end from th nozzle, first guess trying to add judder did
>>something strange when trying to add judder, i scaled around the final
>>object, then i moved it into the union above and it started juddering in
>>the mpeg, can i generate a mpg 'increment by N frames and adjust clock'
>>sort of mode, seen it somwhere recntly, a N elongated frame mpg, with
>>fewer frames, each displayed longer?
>>
>>OS - debian unstable, occasionly running beta3, else povray official
>>on debian unstable or mdk9.1
>>
>>stephen

oops - wrong reply - thinking it was 'tuyere.zip' i was replying about,
first line still applies though

tuyere reminds me of a jet on afterburner, so i thought i'd play with
throttle settings.

actually with your source i now have a forest fire with red glow in sky,
rather nice. no idea how it works though.
seem to have acquired an artifact though.......

stephen