POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hall and doors : hall and doors Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  hall and doors
From: Hans de Vries
Date: 6 Apr 2004 00:46:47
Message: <40723637@news.povray.org>
At the end I implemented the doors with fully "self-adjusting" macros
That is: If you change one of the parameters then gives you a correct
door back. parameters for instance describe overal sizes, curvature of
the arcs, number and directions of the radials, patern tile generation
and repeats in X and Y. et-cetera.

Should have done that directly maybe instead of waisting a lot of time
by "hand-fitting" curved and rounded pieces of wood together over and
over...

The scene doesn't do too bad for a single light-source, no-radiosity indoor
scene. What helps are the rounded decorations and a fading light source.
I normally use a sort of "cheap radiosity" to improve scenes but left
it out in this one.

Regards, Hans.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'entrance.jpg' (342 KB) Download 'door_macro.jpg' (157 KB) Download 'door_macro2.jpg' (130 KB)

Preview of image 'entrance.jpg'
entrance.jpg

Preview of image 'door_macro.jpg'
door_macro.jpg