POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object packing (4 images, ~200kB total) : Re: Object packing (4 images, ~200kB total) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object packing (4 images, ~200kB total)
From: Lance Birch
Date: 5 Apr 2004 23:53:57
Message: <407229d5@news.povray.org>
"Hohum" <hoh### [at] spamlesshotmailcom> wrote in message
> The packing algorithm got me interested too, and I've delurked after
several
> years to make my first post. One even has mirrored spheres ;)
>
> First one, simple packing, took a few seconds to parse.
>
> Second one, variable sized spheres. 20,000 of them. Badly optimized code
> took 15 hours. It taught me to save the coordinates to a file and load
them
> again for rendering though.
>
> I hope I post this right....

I really, really like these...

I'd love to see a set done in pure white, sitting in a shallow tray on a
little round table topped by a mozzaic of ceramic pieces, at rest on the
balcony of a house clinging to the patched cliffs of Atrani, overlooking the
ocean.  With radiosity, of course.

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com