POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Need advice on how to achieve this effect : Re: Need advice on how to achieve this effect Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need advice on how to achieve this effect
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 5 Apr 2004 17:13:17
Message: <4071cbed$1@news.povray.org>
James Bulgin wrote:
> Hmmm.... it's just an mpeg-1, or at least I think it is. I tried to avoid
> more advanced codecs on the assumption that some people on the newsgroups
> wouldn't have them. However, I'll have another look at it and see if
> something else works better. (And if it is actually mpeg-1 or not)

i just went to the source, saved, copied and modified a .par file,
waited and used ppmtompeg on file ppm's, then mplayer

had a play with frame based stuttering to try and add a startup
jitter/judder in the flame length as the engine tries to go to
afterburner, sem to remember a shade of orange in the flame though,
almost road my bike into the kerb at seeing at two aircraft taking off
fully loaded with store's illuminated by their twin engines on
afterburner against a black october sky aka pitch black, my pushbike's
halogen headlight sorta vanished in the rain haze, 1500 yrds

but i don't know how to add an orange tone to the back edge, say 3/4 to
7/8's to the end from th nozzle, first guess trying to add judder did
something strange when trying to add judder, i scaled around the final
object, then i moved it into the union above and it started juddering in
the mpeg, can i generate a mpg 'increment by N frames and adjust clock'
sort of mode, seen it somwhere recntly, a N elongated frame mpg, with
fewer frames, each displayed longer?

OS - debian unstable, occasionly running beta3, else povray official
on debian unstable or mdk9.1

stephen