POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Psychotron [WIP] : Re: Psychotron [WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Psychotron [WIP]
From: xkxdxmx
Date: 3 Apr 2004 22:50:36
Message: <406f860c@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

> It has a nice fresh off the show room floor look to it but it would be
> hard to say how it will really look until you add some surrounding
> environment to it. All those reflecting parts need something to reflect.
>
> Suggestion wise, perhaps some identification decals would be appropriate.
> Serial/ID numbers, brand name etc. A little dirt and grease would add a
> little realism to it :)

I intend for it to be much less shiny if I ever complete it:)  Thats just
the material I began with (being the first material I learned to create)
and used for everything with a few exceptions (I'm not sure how others
work, but I have currently adopted the strategy of rendering in solid
primary colors and ounce the model is complete I go back and "paint" it;
add textures, finishes, etc) I intend to add damage, battle-wear, access
panels, id tags, etc (maybe even set it, busted and rusting, in an
overgrown field) But I would like to finish the model architecturally
before I begin those details-and thats where I am stuck...