POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Grass Test Source : Re: Grass Test Source Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass Test Source
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 2 Apr 2004 12:45:43
Message: <406da6c7@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> Thanks, I adopted some of your ideas... It seems as though you were trying
> to randomize the grass color, but you did it in a place that it would only
> be called once.  Couldn't quite figure that out.

i thought what i was trying to do was add some variation (randomness) to
the angle of the grass blade in x,y,z

i may have tried something with the intensity of the green, seaside
grass tends to be darker, more a green-blue looking at the beach
outside(well about 0.75 miles) Lancs, NW England

i just tried tkdiff on test.pov and my grass-test.pov, seemed to have
totally confused it, as well as me:-(
so if you could detail my error, i'd be grateful, macro name would be
enough, istr i played with grass at blade level

glad to supply i hope constructive comments

stephen