POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Lake of Fire : Re: Into the Lake of Fire Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Lake of Fire
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Apr 2004 21:38:33
Message: <406cd229$1@news.povray.org>
Dan P wrote:
> I'm not surprised -- Windows 95/98 are, like, so nineties. I highly
> suggest for anyone using Windows 9X or ME to invest in XP or 2000 which
> have been out for more than enough years to justify no longer even
> /thinking/ about Windows 9X.

But save your copy of Win98. There are *some* things that just won't run
under an NT-based system. If you have old games (like, pre-2001 or so),
hardware based off the serial or parallel ports, etc., make sure it
works with XP before you ditch 98.

(Followups set)
--
Darren New, San Diego CA USA (PST)
   I am in geosynchronous orbit, supported by