POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 31 Mar 2004 21:04:43
Message: <406b78bb$1@news.povray.org>
IMBJR wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:09:36 -0500, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
> wrote:
>

>>IMBJR wrote:
>>

> Because it is a manifestation of my mind, an expression of my self. I
> wish to express myself, I do not necessarily expect to explain that
> expression or have it become a dialog, which is merely two subjective
> entities not understanding one another.

Yeah, I'm afraid I demand a little more from an expression now.  And I don't
think you are being totally honest with yourself.

> Now, I know some of you are really struggling with this odd concept
> but it really is that simple.

Not a struggle.  I'd expected roughly what your answer would be.

I've asked the same question of artists before, and gotten pretty

much that answer before.  One well-known Canadian artist did a rhino

charge at me from across the room, shoved his face belligerently in mine
and

shrieked, "I think that's a hostile question"  And then at the top of

his lungs, "Because I did it!"

The answer gave me pause back then.  Doesn't much anymore.

But again, though I

think your work varies in consistency, it is usually interesting, and I
believe you are very ambitious and inventive.  Many of your strategies
are old hat to me though. That nonsense with your nick for instance. Yawn!