POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity lighting again : Re: Radiosity lighting again Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity lighting again
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 31 Mar 2004 19:27:07
Message: <406b61db@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:

> question: will lowering count make the lighting down between the grass and
> the Earth funky?

Only one way to find out... ;)

> Also, I have added a radiosity "light" inside the spaceship
> (blimp/whatever), does this change things?

It may. With too low a count, the parts of the scene that are supposed
to be illuminated by that "light" may not be able to find it, resulting
in artifacts and poor lighting.

Generally, the smaller your "light" source appears in the scene, the
higher the count will need to be to get accurate radiosity values. This
is why outdoor scenes can usually get away with a low count.. the sky is
a huge glowing dome.

-Xplo