POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Lake of Fire : Re: Into the Lake of Fire Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Lake of Fire
From: St
Date: 31 Mar 2004 18:38:26
Message: <406b5672@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>
> >   Hot, hot, HOT!!
> >
> >    Nice image. How long did it take to render?
> >
> >    ~Steve~
>
> Thanks! I didn't use radiosity (didn't seem like it would add
anything
> to the scene because the rods are so reflective) and it rendered
really
> quickly. In fact, I just ran it again to find out:
>
> 01m 10s
>
> Width=700 Height=500 AntiAlias=True Output_File_Type=N
Preview_Start_size=32

> AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+
> 1.54 GHz
> 512 MB RAM
> Windows XP: 2002 SP 1

  Thanks Dan. I thought it might have been a lot longer than that, but
to say the least for a scene like that, that's fast.

  Was it the 1.54GHz or the 512Mb RAM that aided this, do you think?
Or both? I feel your image would have taken considerably more time on
my m/c. (I have 600MHz and 384Mb RAM, win98SE, Duron mb.).

   ~Steve~