POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity lighting again : Re: Radiosity lighting again Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity lighting again
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 31 Mar 2004 15:00:25
Message: <406b2359$1@news.povray.org>
I usually set ambient_light to rgb 1 and then go through and make sure that
all objects in the scene that I do not specifically wanted to emit light are
set to ambient 0.  For things like the sky, I ramp up the ambient value as
high as the scene will permit (for example, 1.5 or 2).  Yes, the sky or
whatever looks overexposed, but it would also probably look like that in a
photo.

At least this is my theory.

Aaron