POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k) : Re: Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k)
From: Alain
Date: 30 Mar 2004 19:01:26
Message: <406a0a56$1@news.povray.org>
Felbrigg nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/03/30 04:03... :

>"stephen parkinson" <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> wrote in message
>

>>Dave Matthews wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks!  That's very nice, very useable, and very understandable!
>>>
>>>Dave Matthews
>>>

>>i must be rendering it incorrectly, it looked like chipboard
>>

>OOooooohhhhhhh you cheeky monkey!  I have to admit you might be right!
>

>>currently playing with a tutorial series wood_1..19.pov  (its on other
>>box at moment, that i found semms to me, something is wrong with
>>rand(R)*360 on all of x,y,z for the rotate
>>istr something in docs about 5-10 degrees about x or z axes's, the
>>direction i think is really z (grain direction)
>>so i'm playing with different fading on some of the straighter grained
>>wood textures.
>>
>>stephen

I tried your shingles. As other said, reduce the rotations, in shingles,
the grain is mostly along the lenght of the pieces. ADD some tranlation
to the pattern as all shingles come from different parts of the
originals wood pieces.
My test with rotations under 5 degre and random displacements gives good
results.

Alain