POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb] : Re: Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 30 Mar 2004 17:09:26
Message: <4069f016@news.povray.org>
> wind demo - gravity seems reduced - hangs too much

There's no gravity at all in that scene, the particles are more or less only
moved by the turbulenced field. More like dust-particles in a water-basin.

> rain demo - even on a plastic surface, rain drops merge, maybe if both
> raindrops in contact and both in contact with surface could get merged
????

Problem with that was rendering times. Using blob to "connect"/merge the
different particles to each other would increase rendering times
drastically, and merging particles to the surface of objects would be quiet
complicated to achieve more realism than just sinking the spheres half-way
into the surface...
That aside, I also wanted to show that particles can have a radius and will
properly interact with the environment.

Regards,
Tim

--