POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Mar 2004 17:06:05
Message: <4069ef4d$1@news.povray.org>
IMBJR wrote:

> Please understand that I do not care if my work is taken seriously or
> not. I am not here to earn trust. The work merely stands as it does -
> as an expression of my mind.

Then why show it at all?

I thought that Shay's point about establishing trust was quite far
reaching and filled in piece of the puzzle for me that I couldn't quite
get to in my own mind.  In short, it helped me further define what the
symbiosis is between an expressive act and the community which it must
take place within to have any meaning.  This given our mutual stance
that private assemblies must be free to establish their own standards
for individual freedom internally.

No I don't think that a 'work' without an audience can stand on its own.
  And if you don't engage the community that forms your audience in a
genuine way, you don't really have an audience.