POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP] : Re: Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP]
From: Bill Hails
Date: 30 Mar 2004 12:36:43
Message: <4069b02a@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:

> Bill Hails wrote:
>
> Other than that it's all my own
>> macros, textures and csg, uses Radiosity_OutdoorLQ and no
>> conventional lighting.
>>
>> I'm not perfectly happy with it but I'm losing objectivity
>> so please feel free to criticize.
>>

> Absolutely gorgeous.  I agree with everything said about the smoothness
> of the CSG.  Also, the front leaves.  They are your own macro?  I love
> their look.  It's perfect for this image.
>
> Dave Matthews

For the leaves I used the gimp to make 3 variant toned
png transparencies of a photo of a leaf and an edge-detect
on the same photo to create a bump-map. Then I used rotated
copies of those to texture a simple mesh2.

I've attached jpg thumbnails to illustrate.
--
Bill Hails

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'silver_maple_leaf.jpg' (13 KB) Download 'silver_maple_leafbumps.jpg' (8 KB) Download 'testleaf.jpg' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'silver_maple_leaf.jpg'
silver_maple_leaf.jpg

Preview of image 'silver_maple_leafbumps.jpg'
silver_maple_leafbumps.jpg

Preview of image 'testleaf.jpg'
testleaf.jpg