POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: Shay
Date: 30 Mar 2004 10:52:20
Message: <406997b4$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message

A *vast* improvement.

The poser woman is in this case sufficiently disguised so that my mental
poser baggage doesn't clutter your image. You have escaped the
paper-doll look of your recent postings. The soft, slightly fuzzy look
of the woman, and to a lesser extent the cupid, contribute to the
"unobviousness" of the image's meaning.

This imagery in this picture, unlike (the lesser IMO) 'MIB' and
'contrasting union' are unfamiliar enough to invite study.

There is a lot of talk here about interpretation, exploration, and the
search for meaning in images. I agree with the need of course, but there
are so many images here that an artist must establish trust before
asking the viewers here to make that effort. *This* is an image which
inspires trust. The obvious care you have given to this image invites an
audience to reciprocate with careful viewing. Twenty more pictures like
this and you will have begun to establish the trust that a paper-doll
image requires to be taken seriously or that a seemingly simple theme
needs to invite a search for its subleties.

 -Shay