POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP] : Re: Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji [142kb jpg - WIP]
From: Bill Hails
Date: 30 Mar 2004 03:14:35
Message: <40692c6b@news.povray.org>
Dan P wrote:

> My god, it is absolutely beautiful!!! That would make a great desktop!!!
> Beautiful!!!!!!

Thanks!
I used a photo from a book for reference, so again I can't claim
originality in the set design. I can however heartily recommend
the book for anyone wanting inspiration on all things Japanese:

"japanese detail: architecture" by Sadao Hibi, ISBN: 0811836754

Also after a quick image search it turns out that this particular
kotoji is quite famous in Japan, it's in the Kenrokuen Park,
Kanazawa, Ishikawa. I hope I'm not doing it a dis-service.
--
Bill Hails