POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Swarm, early stage (link) : Re: Swarm, early stage (link) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:37:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swarm, early stage (link)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 29 Mar 2004 20:53:11
Message: <4068d307@news.povray.org>
> But anyway, all comments appreciated!

Cute! :-)

The animation looks kinda blocky though, no smooth rotation or movement of
those little arrow-thingies. How exactly do you calculate it? Do you use the
"standard" boids System (avoid collisions, seek goal, accompany friends)?

And I'd guess mapping the boids onto the heightfield is more or less the
difficult path?

I really need some more background information before I can start thinking
about what to try. I'm more the algorithmic guy.
:-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>