POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bulls Eye : Re: Bulls Eye Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bulls Eye
From: James Moore
Date: 29 Mar 2004 18:55:51
Message: <4068b787$1@news.povray.org>
fcueto wrote:
> Very nice, I like the white&black texture... How did you do that?
>
> Fernand
Thanks for the comments.  For the dartboard, I cut slices out of a
cylinder, used solid pigments on each slice, then rendered it against a
black background with an orthagonal camera to be used as an image map in
the final image.  It probably would have been easier to just make an
image map with a paint program, but I'm terrible at those things.  The
final textures are just the solid colors from the image map with a
granite normal overlaid with a scaled down T_Crack2 texture from stones.inc.