POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k) : Re: Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dairy Barn(Take 2) (88k and 118k)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 29 Mar 2004 18:10:43
Message: <4068acf3$1@news.povray.org>
stephen parkinson wrote:

>i found semms to me, something is wrong with
> rand(R)*360 on all of x,y,z for the rotate
> istr something in docs about 5-10 degrees about x or z axes's, the
> direction i think is really z (grain direction)
> so i'm playing with different fading on some of the straighter grained
> wood textures.
>
> stephen

Now that I rendered it, I see what you mean; I'll want all my grain
going the same way, but, as you said, that's easy enough to adjust.
Usually to get a good grain, I remember that it goes along the z-axis,
and rotate no more than 10 degrees in the x-direction, and leave y
alone.  But then, I'm a neophyte at wood; I mostly just use the
"woods.inc" textures.

Dave Matthews