POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Swarm, early stage (link) : Swarm, early stage (link) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Swarm, early stage (link)
From: Rune
Date: 29 Mar 2004 16:25:28
Message: <40689448@news.povray.org>
This is not very interesting looking yet, but I'm working on a swarm
simulation. Obviously, this is not a swarm in the air, but rather a
swarm on the ground.

Here's the link:
http://runevision.com/temp/swarm_2_c.mpg (2.18 MB)

Imagine those small arrows being replaced with some form of two-legged
creatures eventually. Now then, please come with suggestions on how I
can improve the behavior. What looks right? What looks wrong? You might
want to take into consideration that each boid is given a certain goal
(quite obvious in this animation) which is will approach, and eventually
there will be something at these goal locations which the swarm will try
to attack (probably with some kind of projectile weapons). I.e. it will
be a battle simulation. (That's my high ambition anyway. It'll probably
take years though.)

But anyway, all comments appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Rune