POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gas Burner : Gas Burner Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Gas Burner
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 29 Mar 2004 08:26:51
Message: <4068241b@news.povray.org>
I got many good suggestions in my previous post, "gas flame (needs help)",
and after much experimenting, I ended up using something completely
different. I looked closely at the gas flame on my own kitchen stove and
observed that it appears to have no thickness at all. So I made a mesh with
no thickness and then experimented with different textures. the flame in the
attached image has an ambient value of 1.0, which makes it appear to be
emitting light even though the light is completely blocked.
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flamegroup2a.jpg' (23 KB)