POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bulls Eye : Re: Bulls Eye Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bulls Eye
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 28 Mar 2004 12:50:16
Message: <40671058@news.povray.org>
Alf Peake wrote:
> The perspective bothers me tho'. Did you use a narrow camera angle?
> Focal blurr implies a close-up view but I don't see any obvious
> distortion.

You can have a small DOF (depth of field = the "zone" that appears sharp
in the final image) regardless of your camera to subject distance, like
in this image. The things that affect DOF are magnification and
aperture. Magnification is affected by focal length and subject distance.

The original image thus looked like a photgraph taken with a long lens
using a very, very large aperture.

Severi