POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mastering Radiosity? : Re: Mastering Radiosity? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mastering Radiosity?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 28 Mar 2004 04:23:30
Message: <40669992@news.povray.org>
"Aaron Gillies" <bee### [at] snickerorg> wrote in message
> Inspired by Light Beam, this weekend I have been trying to master
radiosity.

> Any tips?  Suggestions?

Nice image, nice reflections. But IMHO this is not a good radiosity example:
this is mostly reflections example and could be created without using
radiosity at all - at least almost.

How would it look without radiosity? I'd be interested to see. You might
need to add an area light to accomplish that, of course.

Did you use variance 0 with focal blur? If not, that might improve the ugly
"borders" Pov-Ray generates in the checker squares in the back.

Severi