POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sloyd^3 : Re: Sloyd^3 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sloyd^3
From: Apache
Date: 27 Mar 2004 19:54:11
Message: <40662233@news.povray.org>
Any flash file can be reverse-engineered, so if I were you I wouldn't do any
hardcoding of keys with flash clients. It's quite simple to decompile them
or to read the bytecode! But it will lower the amount of people who actually
succeed in cheating considerably, especially if you run the thing over
https. (That's secure http which runs over an encrypted port 443 if i'm
right.)
Believe me, it's much easier to replay the game server side than *trying* to
secure the thing client side.

The make cheating as even more difficult: use https, replay the game
server-side and prevent client-side browser caching as much as possible (if
that doesn't happen already because of https). But that involves much more
data transfer on later visits or page reloads.