POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI lighting : Re: HDRI lighting Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI lighting
From: joeydee
Date: 27 Mar 2004 14:22:46
Message: <4065d486@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
4065bcc6@news.povray.org...
> Nice!
> What's you method? does it work in official POV-Ray?
> mlPov supports HDRI mapping and lighting
> the backdraw of HDR is the usually low resolution of images(due to the
file
> size) making focal blur nearly compulsory and so slowing render.
>
> Marc

Yes, it works in official POV. Normally, HDR images are assembled from
photos of different exposure to one image. I use HDR Shop to separate them
back to several low-range images of different exposure and re-assemble them
in POV into one texture (masking each other, with ascending ambient value).
For the picture above, I used only two exposures - POV interpolates missing
values.

Yes, low-res is a problem, and putting virtual Objects into a natural
environment is always tricky, even if it is hi res.