POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advice on a procedurally generated knee bicubic patch; color problem. : Re: Advice on a procedurally generated knee bicubic patch; colorproblem. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice on a procedurally generated knee bicubic patch; colorproblem.
From: Alain
Date: 26 Mar 2004 09:47:52
Message: <40644298$1@news.povray.org>
andrel nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/03/26 04:54... :

> Me neither.
> For me that is probably because it is uuencoded
> end my news reader (netscale 7.1) does not support
> that for reasons beyond me. Perhaps I should
> instal a plugin or something. I have this problem
> too often when using these newsgroups. Anyone some
> suggestions?
>
> BTW I know it is UUendoded because I saved the
> message as a text file and looked into it.
> Then after changing the extension from .eml to .uue
> my winzip recognized the embedded image and I
> could open it in PSP.
>
> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>
>> I couldn't see it.
>>
>> cu!
>> --
>> camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro
>> L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
>> ;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient
>> 1}}#local C=C+1
>> ;#end#end
>> L(y-x,y,x,x+y)L(y,-x-y,x+y,y)L(-x-y,-y,y,y+z)L(-y,y,y+z,x+y)L(0,x+y,
>> <.5,1,.5>,x)L(0,x-y,<.5,1,.5>,x)               // ZK
>> http://www.povplace.be.tf

Normaly, Netscape, Mozilla and Mozilla Thunderbird support UUencode
natively. I was able to view the image using an external app
(IrfanView). I don't know why it refused to display that image, while
displaying all other UUencoded ones...

Alain