POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K) : Re: Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 24 Mar 2004 18:33:35
Message: <40621acf$1@news.povray.org>

> * group all parallel boards in a union and texture them at once with a
> repeat warp to make the texture change from one board to the next. This
> only works in cases where the boards are regularly spaced (like here).
>
>     I don't know which would be faster in the present case (the second one
> is very good to make things like brick walls or wood floors using only
> one object properly textured)

Thanks.  That's a nice idea.  It should work with all of the regularly
spaced parallel boards I have here, and it might also work well for the
siding.  My problem is that I model things as if I'm actually building
them.  I even find myself "cutting" ends of boards to make them fit,
when the actual end would disappear into some other object, anyway.

Dave Matthews