POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K) : Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Dairy Barn (WIP) (27K and 35K)
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 24 Mar 2004 18:00:38
Message: <40621316@news.povray.org>
At the county library, I found building plans for a c. 1917 dairy barn.
  The details of the framing are pretty good, but the rest is lacking
(in the plans), so I'm going to have to do some research in the area.
Luckily, we have hundreds of barns around here.

To get all of the boards different, I had to use #macros for the
repeated elements, and fetch the boards from random locations out in
"wood space," rather than to use objects.  Is this the usual method, or
is there a better one?

Also, when I'm ready for it, does anyone have tips on shingles?  (The
usual variety here at the time were cedar shakes, which are highly
variable in length and width, so any kind of a regular pattern looks a
bit artificial.)

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'barnframe03.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'barnframe05.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'barnframe03.jpg'
barnframe03.jpg

Preview of image 'barnframe05.jpg'
barnframe05.jpg