POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post : First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  First Post
From: Phil Hartfield
Date: 24 Mar 2004 03:28:14
Message: <4061469e@news.povray.org>
Hi

I am a longtime lurker in this group, firsttime posting.

I couldn't decide on which image to post first so here are three recent
ones, two with requisite sphere and checkered surface.

The blue maze pic is created by a maze generation program I wrote in
perl.  The original algorithym was in a C64 Compute! book in basic.
My perl program doesn't use peeks and pokes however :)  It is also in
three dimensions versus the original's two.  This version of the program
outputs cylinders to connect the box/nodes in the maze versus all boxes.

The island pic is from a terrain generator i re-wrote to output a mesh2
object.  It still needs work :)  The trees are a palm tree from
Pov-Tree_1.4  The water texture is straight from the benchmark pov file.

Phil Hartfield

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'island.png' (241 KB) Download 'spiral-sphere.png' (224 KB) Download 'blue maze.png' (191 KB)

Preview of image 'island.png'
island.png

Preview of image 'spiral-sphere.png'
spiral-sphere.png