POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG] : Re: Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gyroscope set in gimbel rings [~860K MPG]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Mar 2004 04:40:07
Message: <406005f7$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:405### [at] hotmailcom...
> Beautifully done.

Thank you...

> Wasn't a gyroscope meant to stand still while the
> world turned around it, in stead of the other way around though?

Oh heck. Yeah, you're absolutely right. Guess I had been preoccupied with
that nice material for the metal. Ha ha.

Well, it'll have to wait until tomorrow before I try it with the disk
motionless while all else spins. Hmm. Except I better keep the background
image still too, or it'd be like it's moving again.

Anyhow, updated-- and probably preferrable over the original-- this one
doesn't have any of the clock modifier variables trying to accelerate and
decelerate the gyroscope. So it isn't as unlooped-looking as before.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com/anims/gyrospin.mpg