POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : armillary and some dizziness? [~888K MPG] : armillary and some dizziness? [~888K MPG] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  armillary and some dizziness? [~888K MPG]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Mar 2004 21:17:57
Message: <405f9e55@news.povray.org>
This is my try at making an armillary sphere, as others have done in the
past; viewer circling it instead of rotating the object, so it might be a
little dizzying to watch. As with my other two recent animations this one
hasn't any radiosity, or HDRI, or anything really special added.

If you could see it closer (and motionless) you would be able to read the
zodiac dates on the inner ring. I wanted to have some more detail since I
didn't add much else, besides the radial pattern onto the equatorial and
meridian rings. Meaning, it lacks numbers on those.

Splashing base is a blob. Figured it went well with this particular thing.
Making it glass might have been a better idea.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com

Post a reply to this message