POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb] : Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Most issues solved - Funnel Scene revisited [MPG1, 422kb]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 22 Mar 2004 19:15:39
Message: <405f81ab@news.povray.org>
So, I've done extensive tests and lots of trial runs. Every time I spotted a
mistake, I needed to correct it, check the implementation and redo all
trials to see if everything is still working as expected. I've finally
tracked done one of the major mistakes I made: the aging of a particle
wasn't calculated correctly, which lead to quiet unexpected and strange
results...

Anyways, now that it seems like really all issues with the simulation are
taken care of, I post yet another animation, showing the infamous
funnel-scene, though it was enhanced and modified for a more extensive
testing ground with curved surfaces which "trap" particles.

You can't really see how the particles fall through the second funnel,
because the other particles obscure the view, there's way to much action and
thus it gets quiet irritating when trying to follow a certain particle
through there. I've changed that for the final release, but as I want to go
to bed now, I want to send this post on its way. The revisioned version will
be uploaded to my homepage later tomorrow or the day after (along with some
other trial animations).

Now, all I need to do, is finish a few loose ends, write a proper HTML-Doc
for the System, and then its good to go. :-)

Until then, enjoy this animation. Feedback appreciated!

@Rune: I know, not a typical User-Scene to have some balls bounce around in
some funnels, but "proper" scenes are due next week, I promise. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"